Calendar Photo Competition Terms and Conditions
This Competition is free to enter, with no purchase or payment of any kind necessary. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and you confirm that you are eligible to enter.
You can also download these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the link below and saving to your device.
Access the Free Adobe Reader here
ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER
1. Open to people of all ages who reside permanently in South Australia.
2. Any Entrant under the age of 18 years must have the written consent of their parent or guardian and that parent or guardian must also agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. Employees, officers and directors of CE Property Group (“Organiser”) (and their immediate family members including but not limited to spouse, parents, children, siblings etc.) are not eligible to enter.
4. Each Entrant may submit up to three (3) entries into the Competition.
5. The Competition invites submissions of original photos capturing what the Entrant considers to be the beauty of “South Australia – River, Hills and Beyond” at any time of day, be it poignant, inspiring, quirky or amusing.
6. Photographs must have been taken by the Entrant submitting them and may have been taken any time.
7. Photographs must be taken digitally, using a camera or smart device.
8. Photographs must be submitted in .jpg format and may be submitted in either black and white or colour.
9. Photographs must be submitted in digital formats ie JPEG, PNG, however they have to be print quality at A4 size (between 1MB and 8MB in size).
10. Photographs may be edited to adjust “errors” in composition, exposure, brightness and contrast, however content must not be removed, added, altered or distorted beyond the truth of the original photograph. The judges reserve the right to request the original image if they suspect excessive retouching has been performed.
11. Alterations permitted in the Competition include but are not limited to:
- Rotation e.g. to straighten a crooked horizon
- Adjustments to brightness and contrast
- Noise reduction, minimal sharpening and softening
- Conversion from colour to black and white (i.e. total desaturation)
- Removal of sensor dust
12. Photos must not be watermarked (you will be credited as the photographer any time the photograph is used in digital, print or other means in accordance with copyright law.
13. The Photo cannot have previously won any promotion or Competition of any kind.
14. Entries must be submitted online via the CE Property Group website. Files on DVD, CD or USB will only be accepted via arrangement with the Organiser. Emailed entries will not be accepted. Entrants can request assistance with submitting entries by contacting the Organiser.
15. Entrants must provide a valid return email address, postal address and phone number for ease of correspondence.
16. All submissions must comply with these Terms and Conditions.
17. In its sole and absolute discretion, the Organiser may reject any photography that:
- includes material or subject matter that is inappropriate, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, disparaging, unlawful, offensive, false or misleading,
- depicts or promotes the consumption of alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, or the use of firearms or weapons, or
- includes personally identifying information or similarly defined personal information in applicable privacy legislation (“PII”) of any kind (this includes an image of an identifiable person), other than in circumstances where the Entrant has written consent from the identifiable person. If the Entrant cannot provide evidence that the individual has given such consent, the entry / Photo may be discounted; and
- publication of the photograph will not breach any rights of any third parties.
18. By entering, you acknowledge that the Organiser has no obligation to use or post any Photo you submit.
19. By submitting a photograph, the Entrant grants the Organiser and its agents and affiliates a perpetual, unlimited worldwide royalty free license, with full title guarantee and right to post, publish, and otherwise make use of the Entrant’s name and address (city/state/country) for advertising and/ or promotional use in any media in connection with the Organiser without notice or compensation of any kind. For this purpose the Entrant undertakes to conclude and sign (and/ or for Entrants under the age of 18, to procure that his/ her parent or legal guardian conclude and sign) all the agreements and documents considered to be necessary in order for the license to be valid and effective
20. This is a skills- based Competition and eligible Photos will be evaluated by the Judges as a panel in accordance with the following skills-based judging criteria which shall be weighted and balanced in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges (“Judging Criteria”):
- Story telling and subject matter
- Creative approach to showing South Australia at its best
- Image presentation (minimal alterations/editing, colour, light, balance)
21. Judging will take place in September 2018 and the Judges’ decision will be final.
22. Entrants will be judged in the relevant categories of:
- Junior (Under 12 at the time of submission)
- Youth (Under 16 at the time of submission)
- Open (Over 16 at the time of submission)
- People’s Choice (all Entrants will be included in this category)
23. An Entrant may not be awarded a prize if it is found in the Organiser’s reasonable opinion that a photo has breached any such laws or regulations, or otherwise fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
24. Winners will be notified by telephone once judging has ceased and winner information will be posted on the Organiser’s website and social media accounts.
25. CE Property Group reserves the right, at their discretion, to publish and caption winning images and the winners list on their website and social media accounts, without further contact.
26. A total prize pool of $1,500 is available across the following categories:
- Open First Prize
Over 16 years
$500 gift card and photo on calendar front cover
- People’s Choice
All entrants will be considered
$300 gift card and photo in calendar
- Youth First Prize
Over 12 and Under 16 years
$200 gift card and photo in calendar
- Junior First Prize
Under 12 years
$100 gift card and photo in calendar
- Honourable Mentions (8)
All entrants will be considered
$50 gift card and photo in calendar (x8)
(note, all age requirements are at the time of submission)
27. Prizes are non-transferable, are not redeemable for cash and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Organiser’s sole discretion.
28. Prizes will be available for collection from the Organiser’s Birdwood Office by arrangement and cannot be claimed by a third party on behalf of a winner.
29. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrants and winners agree that the Organiser and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by Entrants and winners against, any liability, for i) any losses or damage or violation of intellectual property or personal rights (such as but not limited to, copyright, trade name/trademark, and/or rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) and ii) any losses, damage, or injury arising out of or related to the use of the prize or entry in this Competition.
30. Entrant photographs are not edited by the Organiser and are the views and opinions of the individual Entrant and do not reflect the views of the Organiser in any manner.
31. Any Entrant not complying with the conditions of participation or with the remaining requirements and conditions of the present terms and conditions may be eliminated/disqualified from the Competition.
33. By entering the Competition you also agree that Organiser may use your personal data to contact you in future if Organiser or its group companies are running a similar Competition in the future.
For further information regarding these Terms and Conditions, please email email@example.com