Buying a new home or investment property can be very overwhelming, especially if this is your first time. Below is a list of resources, links and downloads to help you navigate the process.
But first things first, here are a few things to consider before you start your journey.
- How much can you afford to spend on a new home? (don’t forget about stamp duty, conveyancer fees, lenders mortgage insurance if applicable, etc)
- How much deposit will you need?
- Have you talked with your bank, mortgage broker or financial institution regarding your borrowing capacity?
- What are you absolute non-negotiables required in your new home (ie number of bedrooms and bathrooms, shedding, land, location, etc) and what your “would likes”?
- Have you researched the areas you’d like to live in or invest in? How close are the schools, public transport links, amenitites?
- Have you considered talking with a couple of local agents about the area, community and what you’re looking for. Often properties will be released to registered buyers before hitting the internet.
- Buying can be a very emotional process as you make an offer on a home you love and not have it accepted. Remember that patience is the key and the right property will come up and your offer will be accepted.
With the internet comes a huge resource of knowledge and expertise. Here are a few links that may assist you during the buying process.
- Real Estate Institute of South Australia (REISA) – Steps in the Buying Process
- Revenue SA – First Home Owners Grant
- SA.GOV.AU – Home Buying Process
Visit our Forms Library for “Form R3” and “Notice of Proposal to Purchase”
Can’t find what you are looking for? Call into one of our offices or phone us with your questions.
Birdwood • Shop 1/20 Shannon Street • 08 8568 5105
Mannum • 67 Randell Street • 08 8569 1598
One Tree Hill • Shop 2 Black Top Road • 08 8280 0033